Contributions in all relevant fields of Optics and Photonics education and training, in all age levels from kindergarten to adult education, and contexts both formal non-formal or informal, will be welcomed:
Optics and Photonics Curricula, Advances in Optics and Photonics Teaching and Training, Teaching Optics for Other Disciplines. Inter- and Multidisciplinary Applications, Optics and Photonics Training for the Real World, Academia/Industry Interaction, Education in Optics and Photonics for Industry, Entrepreneurship, Outreach, Critical Issues Facing Optics Education, New Trends and Methods in Optical Education, New Pedagogical Methods, Tools and Models, Computers Software and Multimedia in Optics Education, Optics Education at Different Levels: High School to Postgraduate, Optics in Primary Education, Kinder garden Optics, Informal and Non-formal Education, Laboratories for Optics Education, Optics Education- International Perspectives, Associate and Technician Education in Optics, Teacher Training, Demonstrations in Optics, Science Fairs, Hands-on Activities, Optics for All Ages, Optics and Photonics Skills in the Global Workplace, Optics for Sustainable Development, others.
Abstracts (English is the official language of the conference) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com) by March 15, 2013 (late submissions may eventually be considered).
The manuscripts of all accepted contributions, due June 15, 2013, will be published and distributed at the conference in cdrom format and will be also made freely available online at www.spie.org/etop.
Important dates and deadlines:
March 15, 2013 at 24:00 GMT (late submissions may eventually be considered)
March 29, 2013
June 29, 2013
Manuscript due date:
June 15, 2013
July 23, 2013
Abstract submission procedure :
· Please submit your original abstract(s) (250 word limit) by March 15, 2013, (late submissions may eventually be considered) in word (.doc or .docx or .rtf) format (you may use the template) by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com) also indicating the type of presentation desired (oral, poster or hands-on workshop demo or interactive boot).
· Abstracts should contain enough detail to clearly convey the approach and the results of the research.
· Commercial papers, papers with no new research/development content, and papers where supporting data or a technical description cannot be given for proprietary reasons will not be accepted for presentation in this conference.
· Register for and attend the conference
· ensure that the accepted work is presented as scheduled in the program.
· Submit a full-length manuscript (4 pages minimum) for publication in the conference Proceedings (CD-ROM format).
· Ensure that all clearances, including government and or company clearance, have been obtained to present and publish.
· To ensure an high-quality conference, all submissions will be assessed by the conference chairpersons for technical merit and suitability of content and reviewed by the members of the conference’ program committee. If accepted, a full manuscript is expected to be submitted by June 15, 2013.
· The contact author will receive notification of acceptance and presentation details by e-mail no later than March 29, 2013.
· A full-length manuscript (4 pages minimum) must be submitted by June 15, 2013.
· The chairperson of the Program Committee may require manuscript revision before approving publication and we reserve the right to reject for publication any paper that does not meet acceptable standards for a scientific/pedagogic publication.
· If your paper is accepted for presentation and you require a visa to travel to Portugal, please request an invitation letter emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com) as soon as you are notified of acceptance.
· It is up to the conference’ program committee to decide the scheduling and type of presentation (upon quality assessment as extensively as possible all authors’ requests will be accepted).
Authors must be authorized to transfer copyright of the manuscript to ETOP 2013, or provide a suitable publication license. To verify transfer of copyright please fill and sign the form below and return with your manuscript.
Download copyright transfer form here :